Friday, April 26, 2013

Off Topic, But Kind of Related

A telephone book arrived in my mailbox today. It got me to thinking: Do people still use telephone books? I don't. I just throw them in the trash (or the recycle bin to be more accurate). So, I decided to look inside one. To my astonishment, it contained basically the same information that it has always contained. Most interesting to me, it still contained paid advertisements. Seriously, people are paying to be included inside the paper phone book....in 2013.

I know this is off topic from my usual posts about iPhone repair and fixing liquid damage, but I have a question to ask: Am I missing something? Are there still enough people that read the telephone book to justify buying an ad inside of one? I doubt it. In fact, our business is not even in the yellow pages of the paper telephone book. We just assume people will do a Google search and find us. I hope we're not missing the boat.

I am thinking now that it would be helpful to be in the yellow pages. They would have to create a whole new category for us. Maybe it can be called "Smart Device Repair Centers" or "Cell Phone Problem Solvers". We could think of something (though it's a lot harder to describe than just saying "Pizza"). So, we apologize if you looked in the paper phone book six months ago trying to find us and you came up empty. We just assumed that everyone looks for phone numbers online these days. Therefore, this post is still kind of related and on topic because if you can't find us we can't fix your phone. Sorry. Maybe we'll make the 2014 edition.

1 comment :

Little Rock, Arkansas

North Little Rock, Arkansas