Sunday, March 16, 2014

Staying Open a Little Late

A customer came in to our North Little Rock location on Saturday afternoon just before 4 p.m. with a broken iPad. Normally, that repair would take about two hours. (Note: Fixing an iPhone is usually less than 30 minutes). In this case, that would mean staying open past regular hours because we close at 5 p.m. on Saturdays. So, I asked the customer where she was from. She responded: "Stuttgart". Well, Stuttgart is a good hour and a half drive from 2607 McCain Blvd. so I told her we would stay late for her and get it done the same day. She then felt bad. I told her not to worry about it. We didn't mind. I didn't want to make her drive back on a different day just to get her iPad fixed. She was happy.

I have never minded staying open a little late to take care of a customer. I always try to put myself in their shoes and consider what it would be like making a drive back and forth between Stuttgart and North Little Rock (or from Searcy, Batesville, or Newport) only to see a closed business. Or worse, a business that says we're still open but we won't help you because it would inconvenience us a little bit. No, I can't do that to someone. We'll just stay open a little bit late.

The best part of the story is that we finished the repair earlier than we thought and it ended up that I have some mutual friends with this customer. (I mean, we do live in Arkansas where everyone knows everyone else). She was very happy. I was very happy. And, we only had to stay a little bit late so no big deal.

1 comment :

  1. Your contents provide me a lot of creative suggestions that I can seemingly utilize on my web page too.
    Geek Repair

    ReplyDelete

Little Rock, Arkansas

North Little Rock, Arkansas